Enrollment procedure for non European Union students
|Remember that in Italy it is possible to enrol in a University only after completing at least 12 years of primary and secondary education.
To enrol in our university you need to follow these three steps:
- Before departure: apply for pre-enrolment through the Italian Embassy (or Consolate) and ask for a visa type D "Application to Italian Universities"in the your country of origin.
- When you arrive in Italy: take the Italian language test and apply within 8 days for a residance permit (permesso di soggiorno). Students who have a certificate indicating that their Italian level is not lower than B2 (*) are exonerated from the language test.
- When you have passed the Italian language test: take any necessary access tests for the single study courses (when applicable) and register according to the procedures indicated for each degree course.
Valid certification for exoneration from Italian language test
(*) Valid certificates for proficiency in the Italian language (for a level not lower than B2) are awarded by the Council of Europe at the III University of Rome, by the University for Foreigners of Perugia and Siena, the University for Foreigners "Dante Alighieri" of Reggio Calabria and by the "Dante Alighieri" schools, in agreement with the Italian Institutes of Culture abroad. Even CLIQ certificates (Certificazione lingua italiana di qualità) are accepted.
What to do in your country of origin
Before starting, check the list of available places for the academic year 2013-2014 to see whether there are available places in the course you are interested in. The pre-enrolment can be carried out for one course only among those indicated.
You must apply for pre-enrolment through the Italian Embassy/Consolate in your country with the form provided by the Ministry: http://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/ . The deadlines are from 21st march to 5th july 2013.
You must include the following documents translated into Italian and made legal:
- For pre-enrolment in a bachelors degree (3 years)/ single cycle masters degree course (5 or 6 years):
- Final original certificate of secondary school studies, received after at least 12 years education, or a legally valid substitute certificate;
- a certificate demonstrating that you have passed the test of academic competence, if necessary, for entry to University in your country of origin (e.g. Selectividad in Spain, Matura shteterore in Albania);
- a certificate listing the academic studies partially completed if your secondary school diploma has been gained in less than 12 years education.
- For pre-enrolment in a masters degree course (postgraduate degree -2 years):
- study diploma gained at a foreign University;
- certificate awarded by the University detailing exams passed as well as detailed programmes for each course. (Please check the list of foreign languages accepted for the certificates, without the translation into italian.)
The Italian diplomatic mission will give you a Declaration of Value
The Italian Diplomatic missions will send the candidates' list of candidates to our University and give you an entry visa for "Application to Italian Universities" to enter Italy
What to do when in Italy
When you arrive in Italy you must apply for a "stay permit - permesso di soggiorno" within eight days. Information about how to apply for permesso di soggiorno is available on the website of the Italian Police Force.
Italian language test
Unless you are exonerated you must take an Italian language test; If you do not pass this test you cannot register and will be obliged to leave Italy before your visa runs out.
Dates of the Italian language test for the a.y. 2013/14 have been changed; the new date for the italian language test is:
-2nd september 2013: for all the candidates.(more details)
In the week preceding the test, you have to give the Ufficio Stranieri the original and photocopy of these documents:
- all the documents translated, made legal and accompanied by a Declaration of Value prepared by the Italian Diplomatic mission;
- passport with entry visa for study/university.
The Ufficio Stranieri will give you a registration receipt for the Italian language test.
On the day of the test you will need to show your passport and registration receipt.
Even if you are exonerated by the test, you have to come in the week preceding the test and give the Ufficio Stranieri the documents listed above.
Matriculation for the bachelor degree/master degree
When you have passed the language test you must register by following the procedure indicated in the pages of your degree course.
|© 2005-2012 University of Milano-Bicocca
Piazza dell'Ateneo Nuovo, 1 - 20126, Milano - tel. 02 6448 1|
last update of this page 09/07/2013