Active Ageing, Challenges and Opportunities
Venerdì 29 giugno 2012, ore 9.30
Edificio U6, Aula Rodolfi - Piazza dell'Ateneo Nuovo 1, Milano
From academic to policy circles, the ageing of the population is becoming a major focus of discussion and concern.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has dedicated to ‘ageing’ its annual “World Health Day in 2012”.
- The European Union (EU) has designated 2012 the “Year of Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations”.
The debate on how to deal with such phenomenon, its challenges and opportunities, suggests as a solution to Active Ageing, the "process of optimizing opportunities for health, participation and security in order to enhance quality of life as people age".
Within this picture, new demands of mobility will arise, requiring the design of living urban environments friendly towards the elderly people, particularly pedestrians, to whom should be granted access to a sustainable mobility.
- 9:30 - Registration
- 10:00 - Opening and welcome
- 10:15 - Healthy and active ageing, an opportunity for our society
- 11:00 - Round Table: Challenges and opportunities in ageing Italy
- 14:00 - Session 1: Old Pedestrians in the City
- 15:15 - Session 2: Aged-friendly Cities and Transportation
In archivio dal: 30/06/2012
|© 2005-2014 Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca
Piazza dell'Ateneo Nuovo, 1 - 20126, Milano • tel. 02 6448 1 • Casella PEC: email@example.com • P.I. 12621570154 •
ultimo aggiornamento di questa pagina 23/09/2016