The Border Crossing Seminar: an initiative between the University of Milano-Bicocca and the University of Notre Dame (USA).
From 10 to 15 June 2013
University of Milano-Bicocca - Piazza dell'Ateneo Nuovo 1, Milano
The Border Crossing Seminar is a joint program between the University of Milano-Bicocca (Italy) and the University of Notre Dame (USA), sponsored by the U.S. - Italy Fulbright Commission. The seminar is affiliated with Pragsia (Public Reasoning and Global Society in Action), a research center of the University of Milano-Bicocca. The co-organizers are Marina Calloni (social and political philosophy) and Eileen Hunt Botting (political theory).
The theme of the June 2013 seminar is "From the Polis to the City: Perspectives on Global Justice."
Monday 10 June 2013
- Meeting of the participants
- Rethinking the polis and the civis
- Comparing models of cities and citizenship
Tuesday 11 June 2013
- Justice and Rights: cosmopolitan perspectives in the city
- Research Seminar in collaboration with “Expo 2015 S.p.A Cities, Streets, and Foods
- Milan street food tour
Wednesday 12 June 2013
- Transforming Imaginaries of Cities
- The barriers of the city
Thursday 13 June 2013
- Participatory Democracy and Justice
- Round table: Cities on the Move
- Words and Ideas for a Plural World: Towards an Intercultural Lexicon.
Friday 14 June 2013
- Uses and abuses of the city
- Reconstructing cities and citizenship
- Discussion among students about topics for the paper
- Closing remarks
Saturday 15 June 2013
- Visiting the Palaces of an “Ideal Renaissance City”: Mantua
In archivio dal: 16/06/2013
|© 2005-2014 Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca
Piazza dell'Ateneo Nuovo, 1 - 20126, Milano • tel. 02 6448 1 • Casella PEC: firstname.lastname@example.org • P.I. 12621570154 •
ultimo aggiornamento di questa pagina 23/09/2016