INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN LAW
the course will provide an overview of the basic rules and principles that regulate the conduct of armed conflict, with particular attention to the protection of vulnerable persons.
In particular, the following issues will be addressed:
- sources and institutions
- international armed conflicts and internal armed conflicts
- the conduct of hostilities
- the protection of vulnerable persons
- the protection of the cultural heritage during armed conflicts
- the protection of the natural environment during armed conflict
Reading lists will be distributed in advance of the seminars and material will also be distributed during the seminars.
The course will be taught in the English language.