** EDUCATION **
2008: Master Degree in Computer Science at the University of L’Aquila, Italy (summa cum laude)
2012: PhD in Computer Science and Applications at the University of L’Aquila, Italy.
** EMPLOYMENT HISTORY **
2016 - present: He is Assistant Professor in Computer science at the University of Milan-Bicocca.
2011 - present: He has an active research collaboration with CRISP research centre at University of Milan-Bicocca.
2011-2016: He was Post-Doc in Computer Science at University of Milan-Bicocca, Dept. of Statistics and Quantitative Methods
2015-2016: He was Visiting Researcher at King’s College London, dept. of Computer Science, working on topics related to Artificial Intelligence Planning.
** RESEARCH **
His research interests include Artificial Intelligence (AI) Algorithms, Graph Databases, Data Quality/Cleansing, and Knowledge Discovery. He has published 50+ papers on these topics on some top-tier conferences and journals in AI. On March 2018 he received the National Scientific Qualification for the position of Associate Professor in Computer Science.
** PROFESSIONAL SERVICES IN ACADEMIA **
He is leading Associate Editor of the “AICom” Journal, the European Journal of Artificial Intelligence for the Data Science Track, and member of several programme committees in top-tier conferences on AI, such as AAAI, IJCAI, ECAI. He also serves a reviewer for top-tier Scientific Journals in Computer Science, such as
Knowledge-Based Systems - Elsevier ; Applied Soft Computing - Elsevier ; AI Communications ; Future Generation Computer Systems - Elsevier.
** RESEARCH INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATIONS **
He established some fruitful research collaborations with the following organisations/centres/research teams
– Member of the CINI ITEM Carlo Savy for Computer Science and Multimedia ICT systems (https://www.consorzio-cini.it/index.php/it/lab-item-carlo-savy (Since 2015 to present)
– L’Aquila Model Checking and Planning Group, University of L’Aquila, headed by Prof. Giuseppe Della Penna (Since 2009 to present)
– CRISP Research Centre, University of Milan-Bicocca, headed by Prof. Mario Mezzanzanica (Since 2010 to present)
– AI Planning Group, King’s College London, headed by Prof. Daniele Magazzeni (Since 2014 to present)
– The Big Data Group - The European Network on Regional Labour Market Monitoring (Since 2015 to present)
** RESEARCH SOFTWARES DEVELOPED **
- He is currently co-developer of some open-source AI-based tools, such as UPMurphi, DiNo and GraphDBLP (all of them available on Github at http://github.com/fabiomercorio/)
** PROJECTS **
INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS (selection): He has been involved in the following international research projects as senior researcher, working on topics related to AI, Knowledge Discovery and Data Science:
- 2014: Real-time Labour market information on skill requirements granted by Cedefop (European Centre for Development of Vocational Training - http://www.cedefop.europa.eu/) - Call 2014/S 141-252026 of 15/07/2014(Rif. Contratto No 2014-0190/AO/RPA/VKVET-NSOFRO/Real-time LMI/010/14)
- 2017: Development of an Open Data based system for vocational training granted by UniMib and Lombardy Region - ACCORDO DI COLLABORAZIONE EX ART. 15 DELLA L. 241/1990 IN TEMA DI OPEN DATA (Rif. Contratto DRG del 02/08/2016 n 5521 CUP H42F16001420002Rif. Interno Unimib 2016-naz-0141).
- 2016: Real-time Labour Market information on Skill Requirements: Setting up the EU system for online vacancy analysis granted by Cedefop (European Centre for Development of Vocational Trainig) - Contract notice – 2016/S 134-240996.
- 2011-2014: Development of the Observatory of the Lombardy Labour Market, granted by Lombardy Region.
** AWARDS **
-- 2018: National Scientific Qualification for the position of Associate Professor in Computer Science, ANVUR
-- 2017: FFABR Grants for research productivity provided by Italian Ministry of research “Finanziamento annuale individuale delle attività base di ricerca” [Grants provided on a competitive basis aimed at funding research activities]
-- 2013: Best paper award at the Third International Workshop, Human Computer Interaction - Knowledge Discovery 1-3 Luglio, Maribor, Slovenia, 2013
-- 2014: Best paper award at the Third International Conference on Data Technologies and Applications, Vienna, Austria, 29-31, 2014
** PUBLICATIONS **
He co-authored 50+ international research papers as conference proceedings, articles and book chapters (here a full list https://goo.gl/LbGyua).