Profilo ricercato: Customer Technical Development Engineer - Automotive
Solvay, leader chemical company in advanced materials is looking for innovative contributors for the Global Business Unit Solvay Speciality Polymers.
Solvay Specialty Polymers is top player in high performance polymers, offering an unmatched portfolio of special polymers: over 35 product lines available in more than 1500 formulations designed for use in highly demanding markets and applications around the world.
These high performance polymers, fluids and elastomers are designed to meet the property requirements of the most demanding industries.
Within a dynamic and innovative team and in close collaboration with the commercial team (Germany), Solvay Specialty Polymers is looking for a candidate for the aromatic polymers who will cover following responsibilities:
- Work with business development teams to develop new applications at our customers with Specialty Polymers:
- Polymer material selection
- Design support (e.g. metal to plastic conversion, mold flow and CAE support in collaboration with our Engineering department,…),
- Tooling and processing support
- Final validation and testing of the parts.
- Generate and gather material data to support new applications, coordinate work with internal and externals labs to complete datasets.
- Support our customers in close collaboration with the R&D and commercial team to initiate new product developments.
- Provide marketing support to guarantee business success of new products launched. Write technical literature and participate in marketing activities (seminars, conferences, tech-days, etc.).
- Support customers troubleshooting existing applications with processing trials and testing at our R&D labs (thermal, mechanical, rheology, microscopy, etc.).
- Provide technical training both internal and external about polymers, applications and processing.
This position will be preferably located at our Customer Technical Development Center in Milan, could be located at our other Specialty Polymers centers in Dusseldorf or Brussels when candidate is well experienced.
- Master's degree in Materials Science, Physics and Chemical Sciences.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%.
- Experienced in polymer melt processing technologies: injection molding, extrusion, compression molding and others (blow molding, coatings, etc.). Experience with numerical simulation tools (injection molding simulation, FEA) is a plus
- English and German language, French language is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, technically-oriented.
- Able to work independently and effectively with both external customers and globally based internal teams
- Good communication skills.